Only Alaska sport fishing, hunting and trapping licenses, king salmon stamps (purchased WITH a fishing license) and general season harvest tickets can be printed at home. You may go out in the field immediately with your temporary license if no other items such as big game tags, permits, sport fish guide/charter business owner and guide licenses, etc. are required.

King salmon stamps (purchased separately from a fishing license), duck stamps, big game tags and sport fish guide/charter business owner and guide licenses will be MAILED to you and you must have them in your possession to LEGALLY hunt, fish or provide guided fishing services if they are required. Do not purchase these items online if you need them before they can reach you via the U.S. Postal Service.


The following items are available online:

  • Hunting and Fishing Licenses
  • Commercial Crewmember Licenses
  • King Salmon Stamps
  • Big Game Tags
  • State of Alaska Duck Stamps
  • Big Game Drawing Permits (available May 1 – May 31 and November 1 – December 17)
  • McNeil River State Game Sanctuary Viewing Access Permit
  • Sport Fish Business Owner and Guide License Application

General Hunting Regulations 2013

Other animals Regulations information


Alaska Hunters certification online coarse can be taken here  http://www.hunter-ed.com/alaska/

You can purchase your Alaska Harvest Ticket here http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hunting.main


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.